Before submitting an abstract, please read the detailed description of the topics of the call for papers by downloading this file: Topics of the call for papers.
Proposals falling outside the scope of these topics will not be considered.
Back to the form for the submission of an abstract: Form
XXVIth World Road Congress - Abu Dhabi, 6-10 October 2019
“Connecting Cultures - Enabling Economies”
The World Road Association (PIARC) is a non-political and non-profit making Association, established in 1909 to promote international cooperation on issues related to roads and road transport. In 2018, PIARC has 121 member governments.
Since 1908, PIARC has organized a World Road Congress every four year. The aim of the Congress is to provide a forum for professionals from all over the world, in every facet of the development, management and operation of roads and road transport, in order to give them an understanding of the progress being achieved in different countries, to discuss current issues and the future challenges faced by the road sector, as well as share knowledge.
The XXVIth World Road Congress will be held in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, from 6 to 10 October 2019. It will include around 50 sessions, a large exhibition, technical visits and social activities.
For more information, please refer to the congress website: http://piarcabudhabi2019.org/
Call for Papers
For this XXVIth edition, PIARC is calling for individual contributions on selected topics in order to enrich and broaden the views and work of its Technical Committees and Task Forces.
Papers will be reviewed by the Technical Committees and Task Forces. Papers that are accepted will be published in the Congress proceedings and will provide input into the Congress sessions. All authors of accepted papers will present their work and results at interactive poster sessions. Some outstanding contributions will be selected for an oral presentation during the Congress.
PIARC Prizes 2019
By submitting a paper in response to the present call for papers you will automatically be entered in the PIARC Prizes competition and be in contention to win one of the prizes. The prize for the best paper in each category will be awarded by an international jury.
For each paper selected for a prize, PIARC will pay travel expenses (economy class), accommodation(hotel - intermediate category) and registration fees to the Congress for one of the co-authors of the paper.
Each selected paper will be published in Routes/Roads, the quarterly magazine of the Association.
Information for Authors
- Content: All papers must be original work available to be released for publication. Material that has been previously published will not be accepted. Any reference of a political, commercial or advertising nature must be excluded from the papers. The indication of a brand name should be excluded in the title and in the abstract.
- Language: Abstracts must be submitted in English for evaluation purposes, plus, if possible, in one or two of the other working languages of the Association, i.e. French and Spanish.
- Submission: Abstracts should be submitted using the online facility from the dedicated
- Length: The abstract should not exceed 400 words.
- 15th September 2018: Deadline for submission of abstracts
- 31st October 2018: Notification of acceptance of abstracts
- 28th February 2019: Deadline for submission of full papers
- 30th April 2019: Notification of acceptance of full papers
- 6th-10th October 2019: XXVIth World Road Congress (Abu Dhabi 2019)
Contact in relation to the call for papers